Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Happy Birthday to The Cake Slice

Five years and going strong ... The Cake Slice!



This great group of bakers has been baking their way through cake cookbooks for 5 years now.  The cookbooks have included The Cake Book by Tish Boyle, Cake Keeper Cakes by Lauren Chattman, Southern Cakes by Nancy McDermott and Sky High by Alisa Huntsman, Peter Wynne, Tina Rupp.  I joined this lovely group for this year's book ~ Vintage Cakes by Julie Richardson.  We are having a great time trying out these retro recipes with a modern twist.

To celebrate this fifth year we have decided to bake up something special.  I have chosen to try out Black Bottom Cupcakes.  I chose to use the recipe posted by fellow CLBaker Monica at Lick the Bowl Good.

These cupcakes are pretty quick to put together.  I was a little surprised how thin the batter was, but they baked up very nicely.

The BB cupcakes came out moist and so darned tasty!  Everyone at the table asked for a second cupcake.



You can find the recipe for the Black Bottom Cupcakes @ Lick the Bowl Good.
Check out all of The Cake Slice Bakers @ the blogroll & like us on Facebook.

Enjoy!
:)


7 comments:

  1. You beat me to it! I was eye-ing this too! Happy Anniversary my dear fellow TCS baker! Love baking along with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 5th Anniversary. It has been great to bake along with you and read your posts. I love your cupcakes and the top one even looks like it has a little heart on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Those look awesome! Really look forward to baking lots more recipes with! I"m enjoying this book as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm enjoying baking with you guys and I know I'm going to enjoy these cupcake also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for lighting up that 5 candles for us, just for us :):) I love how your cupcakes look so delish and I'm already imagining how it's going to taste. I'm going to attempt this soon. Happy 5!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought those are a must try when I first saw them at Monica's, your confirmation just makes me want to start making them! So... maybe later this week! They look so cute and with those candles they are perfect! Thank you for sharing! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great cupcakes aren't they?! Perfect for celebrating a 5th birthday. Thanks for linking back up to my blog :-)

    Happy baking with you!

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and even more for posting a comment! :)